Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 May 2022

Tuesday Talks #9 - Time Flies ...

(I wrote this on 11 September 2021...)

Tuesday Talks #9 - Time Flies ...

I was looking at my old photos when I was a chhota baby (little baby). Then I looked at myself in the mirror and kept on staring. I realised how much I changed. Not only my physical appearance but my mind also, not only did I change but a lot of things did.

This year, I'll be an adult officially. Now that is where nostalgia plays its role. Then I travel down the memory lane. Golden and precious! Over the past years, how many people came and left. So many people who I knew left for their heavenly abode and I never imagined that but as the years rolled by, I understood that nothing is permanent in this life. So always celebrate the moment you are in now and thank God for where and who you are today.

When I observe the environment around me, I am surprised to learn how much it has changed over the years. Those school going children are now dispersed in different cities and working hard to achieve their dreams. That energetic uncle and aunty who used to drive to their workplace every morning are now retired and have embraced every disease including diabetes, hypertension and what not. That peaceful grandma in the next house is present no more and her sons have parted their ways. The little puppy next door has grown to be a full fledged beast now. What remains same is the guava tree in the yard and it never forgets to fruit.

I see the pencil marks on that wall which marked how tall we grew every three months, that inflated ball and that broken cricket bat with which the whole family used to play with us as toddlers, that small bicycle which now stays alone mostly, those awards and shields which get polished every Diwali, those books which are preserved but never opened and so much more. God! So many changes. Do you realise we are so different now? Like a complete different being from what we used to be.

From explaining our point till we won the argument to keeping quiet and letting it be, we became mature. From being stubborn about those petty things to making sacrifices, we learnt a lot. From thinking nobody understands us to sympathising with everybody, we grew up. Yes, we grew up. So did everything around us. We left behind a lot and a lot is yet to come. 

Life will not be the same again. Not at all. However, the cycle will repeat. We will keep on seeing our memories in one way or the other, in things or in people. Change is the law of nature! So let's accept it happily. The magic tip is to always live in the moment. We don't know what life holds for us the next second. Cherish the memories you made and be hopeful for the time coming ahead.

Alert! It's gonna be a roller coaster ride - highs n lows but worth the joy!

- Sargun Saini
11 September 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment