Search This Blog

Sunday 21 June 2020

Thank you PAPA !

To The #1 Dad

Pita Ji (ਪਿਤਾ ਜੀ)     Bhaaeeya (ਭਾਈਆ)      Bapu Ji (ਬਾਪੂ ਜੀ) 
    |                            |                              |                
Daddy                  Daddy                   Daddy           
    |                            |                              |                
Papa                        Papa                      Dad              

Over a few days, I was wondering and pondering that there are so many different names for both mom and dad everywhere yet their love for us is the same. This blog post will not be a general one as my posts usually are whereas this will be a post dedicated to my papa, Vadde papa, Billu papa, fufa jis and maasar jis because all of them are a fatherly figure for me.

Papa's Dada Ji
I'll start with my great grandfather (papa's dada Ji) ( papa's paternal grandpa). His name was a farmer. He worked so hard for his family and managed his life well.

My Dada Ji
Next, I'll talk about my paternal grandpa (dada ji). I must say, he was a very, very hardworking man. My father, uncles and bhuas say that he was a strict person but a caring father. He hailed from a village of Punjab, Mahilpur. After marriage, he and his wife (my dadi) settled in Jalandhar city. He was such a hardworking man that he and dadi raised eight children! He had a small shop when he started but he educated his boys and girls to the maximum that he could. They completed their college. Today my father and uncles are flourishing businessmen, one of them is a lawyer. SO A FATHER ALWAYS WORKS VERY HARD TO GIVE HIS CHILDREN WHATEVER HE CAN. I respect my dada Ji a lot. Though he is not with us today but I am sure, he must be watching us from Above.

My Vadde Papa, Billu Papa and Papa
After that my Vadde papa, Billu Papa and papa. They all are very hardworking. They work for us day and night, for fulfiling our wishes. When I am confused about something, they help me in deciding the correct path and when I want something, they bring that for me. I LOVED IT WHEN VADDE PAPA CALLED ME BHUTO, WHEN BILLU PAPA CALLED ME BONGU AND WHEN PAPA CALLES ME MAU and now the names have changed! NOW THEY CALL ME 'MOTU' AND BELIEVE ME I LOVE TO HEAR THAT!

Papa's Nana Ji
Then about my great grandfather (papa's nana ji) (papa's maternal grandpa), he was in the British Indian Army. His name was Bawa Saini. He was also a very hardworking and modern thinking man as he raised my dadi and her brothers and sisters at a time when having girls was considered to be bad luck.

Mumma's Dada Ji
Next, I'll write about, my mumma's paternal grandpa (mumma's dada ji). He was a police officer. He also worked so hard to raise his seven children. I never met him but just saw his photograph. 

My Nana Ji
I loved my maternal grandpa (my nana ji). I used to call him every Fathers' Day to wish. Whenever my mumma would scold me hard, I would call him to complain about her and then when he scolded her (just in a joking manner to make me feel happy), I felt so relieved that someone is there who is always there for me and never scolds me. NEVER DID HE EVER SCOLD ME FOR ANYTHING. He was such a good person. At night, I have dreams of him hugging me tight and saying everything will be alright. 

Mumma's Nana Ji
I do not know much about my mumma's maternal grandpa (nana ji) but I know that he worked really hard to educate his children, one of them becoming a nurse in those times and she was my nani ji (maternal grandma).


SEE FATHERS WORK SO HARD FOR US. THOUGH THEY NEVER SHOW THAT OPENLY BUT WE CAN ALWAYS FEEL THAT THREAD OF CONNECTION.

I WROTE THIS POEM ABOUT FATHERS WHICH GOT PUBLISHED IN MY SCHOOL'S ANNUAL SCHOOL MAGAZINE. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND UNDERSTAND ITS DEEP MEANING ...

Please ignore my picture 😅
Correction in the 5th line-ਪਰ ਆਪਣੀ ਔਲਾਦ ਲਈ...

DID YOU GUESS WHAT I MENTIONED IN THE GREEN HIGHLIGHTED TEXT ABOVE? ANSWER IN THE COMMENT SECTION.

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY TO ALL THE SUPER DADS !!!

-Sargun Saini

2 comments:

  1. I think u mentioned the hierarchy of the names by which fathers are addressed. Frm ancient times till today.

    ReplyDelete