Search This Blog

Friday 5 June 2020

Today is World Environment Day !

Today is World Environment Day !

A tree or a building ?
A flower or a jewel ?
A fruit or an ice cream ?
A herb or a chemical ?
A seed or a phone ?

We need all but with a balance. Excess or deficit is always bad. So let us pledge this environment day to at least plant one seed and take care of it. Let us give seeds to our friends instead of sweets on our birthday. Believe me, it's magical because I did it !

This is Hari, an aloe vera plant, planted by me (of course, my mom helped!)
This is Hari, my aloe vera plant, planted by me (and of course my mommy helped).




I planted it in a plastic bottle and made it smile. 😄

POEM TIME !!!

No physics book can teach me
what a tree can.
No chemistry book can teach me
what a cloud can.
No biology book can teach me
what a pet can.
No history book can teach me
what a rock can.
No geography book can teach me
what a forest and a land can.
No maths book can teach me
what a butterfly can.
No language book can teach me
what a shower of rain can.
No computer book can teach me
what a seed can.
No art book can teach me
what a mountain and a flower can.
No economics book can teach me
what a river can.
No literature book can teach me
what discovery channel can !
No law book can teach me
what nature can.
No subject book can teach me
what my beautiful environment can.

-Sargun Saini

So did you understand the deep meaning of the elements talked about in the poem above? Ponder...








2 comments: